Saturday, October 13, 2007

More about giving birth..All about natural

So many new things I've learnt from giving birth here, in Auckland.All about natural.



Firstly,when giving birth, I said to the midwifes, " I think I want to push now"..
Then the mid wife said "If u want to push, push.." wow..it's so different during Ikram..During Ikram, the midwife guided me when to push and how to do it. In here, I have to decide when to push and how to do it.



Secondly, after giving birth, I can decide whether to get an injection to get the placenta out or just let the placenta out naturally. In Malaysia, I didnt get any option. Just used the injection to let the placenta out. So, after discussing with my midwife, I choosed to let the placenta out naturally. After Nadhirah was born, the midwife said " when u feel like to push after this, you just push. It will let the placenta out"...Well, it is not as easy as I thought before...It took a long time for me to feel like to push...At one time, I felt like to ask the midwife to just give me the injection to let the placenta out. Because I was so weak at that moment. I lost about 400 ml of blood. The midwife even tried to pull it out, but the placenta was still there...Finally, I felt like to push and placenta was come out..waa..what a relief...



Thirdly, after giving birth, the midwifes put the baby without any clothes on me. They want the baby skin touch my skin. The reason doing that is the mother's body temperature will up to a suitable degree to heat the baby. MasyaAllah...betapa besarnya kurniaan Allah.. The baby will feel warm and comfortable.



Fourthly, after the Nadhirah was born, they just wiped her lightly and put her on me. They didn't wash her with water. Then I know that the liquid that covering the baby when she was in the womb, will heat her after she was born. So, better she take a bath only after 4-6 hours from the delivering time. Just to give her time to get use with her new environment.



Lastly, the midwifes didn't suck (sedut) liquid from the baby. At first, I didn't know about that until I've asked my midwife. It is because when at home, Nadhirah quite often vomiting and 'bersin'. Then I told the midwife that I think Nadhirah got a cold. The midwife said that it was a good sign. It showed that she wanted the liquid out of her body naturally. That has explained why her vomitting contained a lot of "lendir"...to get the liquid out from her.




My midwife, Ann, was checking Nadihrah during her visit.



Well, let all go naturally..........



:)

No comments: