Monday, October 29, 2007

First day at Early Childhood Centre

Yesterday, I sent Ikram to an early childhood centre. When we arrived, Ikram was very happy. He ran straight to the playground. He looked very confident. After 10 minutes, I left Ikram and went to Kate Edgar to print a letter. The letter was for Unit latihan UKM. As now we have 2 children, I asked for an increasing in family allowance. Before I left Ikram, as usual I said to him, “Mama pergi kerja ye. Nanti mama dtg balik”. Ikram seem ok and said “Bye..”


Then, when I was at student commons, printing the letter, Linda from the early childhood center had called me and said that Ikram was crying. From the handphone, I can hear Ikram’s voice “ Nak mak…Nak mak”..So I said to Linda that I will come in 5 minutes.

Em…when I arrived, a staff there was holding Ikram. He was very upset…emm..It reminds me back about the same situation when I sent Ikram to a nursery in Malaysia. In Malaysia, it took me quite a long time to settle him down until one day I decided to be in the nursery for about an hour and more…

All I know that we cannot leave our children just like that. We cannot assume that ‘lama-lama okayla tuh’. We as his parents must comfort him first. Make friends with the staffs. So the child began to understand that this place is safe and theire parent dosent leave him for ever. They will come again to take me home. Some times the child was crying because they think we will leave him there for a long, long time. Try to do what our children is doing at the nusery. Like me, I asked Ikram to eat his sandwich. At fisrt, he refused to eat. Then when I took one and ate, he seems more confident and ate the sandwich with me.

Similarly in Malaysia, when Ikram didn’t want to sleep at the nusery, I put my head down besides his pillow and I could see from his eyes that there was a relief inside him. They were the same eyes that I saw during eating sanwinches at the centre here. Well, let we see whether Ikram is still upset at the centre tomorrow..Hopefully not…please not….please…………………..


-->Some of Ikram's pictures but not at the center...

Ikram with his father
During hari raya, 1 Syawal
Ikram with his sister, Nadhirah...

Ikram..my beloved son.....:)

1 comment:

Jannah Ibrahim said...

sama tempat ngan adelia ke?? ...kesiannyer ikram takut kena tinggal..heheheh