Saturday, August 23, 2008

Poster dan gigi

What is the relationship between poster and teeth?
Well they are the topics that I would like to talk about in this post:
My posters and My daughter's first tooth..


-Engineering Postgraduate Poster Competition 2008

One of the main reasons I entered this competition is that to visualize my research.
A Prof said during a prize giving ceremony for the competition:
" Poster is a brief description of your research"

Another Prof said:
"Try to balance between figures and words..
Do not use small fonts...sometimes it is very hard to read..
Use a good combination of colour"
This is general advice that I got after the competition.

Before the competition I went to course about:
"How to make a good academic poster" at SLC.
It was a very good course as the facilitator showed me some examples of good and bad posters.
After went through some editing processes based on comments from my husband (thanks cunyu!) and also my supervisor, here is the result:

(click to enlarge)

It was not really an artistic work. It was just a poster that I want the audience could understand the main idea of my research. I think I know what make other posters were better than me. They visualized every sections of the poster. I only put more focus on the result section. I should try to visualize other sections as well.

When the mood of making poster was still there, I was thinking to submit a poster for auis poster competition for Ramadhan. I had started to collect information even from journals from science direct. I'd found journals about effect of Ramadhan for smokers, for diabetes, for sportsman etc...Then I remembered some info from an Ustaz who said that Ramadhan is a month of changing ourself. 30 days of fasting and doing only good things are actually the best way to change our 'tabiat'. Tabiat is not easy to change but with 30 days of training, it is possible for us to stay in a way that we want to change. A good training too for smokers. I forgot the source of the info but I used the concept of transformation in my poster. However, as the info must be accurate, I couldn't finish the poster with so limited time. So this was the result on the due date (15/8):




:) tak sempatla...tu jek yg mampu...


-Gigi saya

Now, My daughter's teeth.....
After waiting so long (when Nadhirah nearly one year), finally her teeth have come out...
Can you see them? Have a look...:)




(click to enlarge)
Tengokla..saya dah ada gigi..:)

1 comment:

BadRiza said...

Naja, first of all..CONGRATULATIONS.. Proud of you..

And for nadhirah...ala chomelnyee gigi... bila la auntie+uncle, abg amir dn kakak ea nak jumpa dan main dgn nadhirah and ikram..hehehehe....